Monday, 3 August 2009
Reasons Why This Wasn't So Bad
1. Cardiff was basically a loss for Australia. Edgbaston was a pipe dream for England.
2. It rained and a day and a half was lost. That does not help matters.
3. Ricky Ponting was out for 5.
4. Because Edgbaston can't be the place to hold all the exciting Tests all of the time. That's just unfair. Lord's got it this year (and maybe Cardiff), but NWG wants to put in a request so that the Oval doesn't have it. She won't be able to take a tight game. Draw at Headingly. Draw at the Oval. Please.
5. NWG didn't make the trek up there, so she didn't waste any time (or rather, she did waste a bit of time because she watched the game most of the day, but had the option of doing something else if she wanted to, something she wouldn't be able to do at a cricket ground - like eat a salad).