Monday, 23 November 2009
As good as South Africa are (and they definitely are), England seemed to win yesterday with relative ease. This is because:
1. Most of the England players feel very at home in South Africa (NWG doesn't understand why).
2. Eoin Morgan is really rather good.
3. Paul Collingwood was out to impress as the most capped One Day player (and he needed a good game).
4. England were happy that the first game was a wash out because it proves that it's not only England that gets rained on.
5. Turns out that Trott can bowl. Who knew?
6. KP only scored 4. It's always a good sign when he doesn't make a big total.
And that is the dossier on why England won. Let's hope no South African players read NWG and take all those secrets and brilliant insights in to the next game.